Rohit Shetty's Dilwale movie shooting with the iconic pair of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol was shot in some beautiful locations in Bulgaria.
- Bulgaria is the oldest country in Europe that hasn’t changed its name since it was first established. This happened in 681 AD.
- Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, was founded 7000 years ago. This makes it the second oldest city in Europe.
- Bulgaria comes third in the list of countries with most valuable archaeological sites discovered on their territories, preceded only by Greece and Italy.
- Over 15 000 Thracian tombs have been discovered on the territory of Bulgaria. The bulk of them are yet to be explored.
How Bulgaria is unique...
- Bulgarians express approval by shaking their heads rather than nodding.
- The famous Bulgarian rose oil is used for making some of the world’s most popular and expensive perfumes. One gram rose oil is produced out of 1000 rose blossoms.
- Every year on 1 March Bulgarians exchange martinets. Essentially, these are small pieces of adornment made of red and white thread that symbolism good health and happiness.
- Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, is the only big city in Europe that lies just 15 minutes away from an imposing mountain – Vitosha . Cherni Vrah (Black Peak – 2290 m) is its highest peak.
- Bulgarian yogurt is the best in the world, no doubt about it. This is thanks to the unique Lactobacillus bulgaricus bacteria used for its production that can only be found on the territory of the country.
- Nearly one third of Bulgaria is covered in forests and this shouldn’t be too surprising given the fact that there are over 40 mountains on its territory. Needless to say, they are all great for skiing and mountaineering.
- Bulgaria is the country with the highest number of natural mineral springs in Continental Europe – over 600.
The Seven Rila Lakes, located in the Dangskiya region of the northwestern Rila Mountains, are glacial lakes. They are scattered at the foot of a massive cirque that includes the peaks Suhi Chal, Otovishki, and Haramiya. The lakes have been named for their shapes and qualities.
Credit: 'Dilwale'Red Chillies Entertainment.