Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world and that it was built by the legendary Moghul emperor, Shah Jahan and here are some facts about the historical monument.
1. The Taj Mahal is way taller than Qutub Minar. It is approximately about 5 feet taller than Qutub Minar.
2. The foundation of Taj Mahal is laid on timber. River Yamuna keeps the base strong and moist by anointing it at regular intervals which is why the great monument isn’t eroding with time.
3. Emperor Shah Jahan imported stones from Tibet, crystals from China and the best of jades and emeralds from Sri Lanka for decorating the Taj Mahal magnificently.
4. Taj changes color with time. It appears to be light pink in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden white at night.
5. The actual graves are not visible to the public. They are laid about seven feet below the ground. Only the facade placed above the tombs are now visible to the public.