Look past the silk-smooth chocolate, cuckoo clocks and yodelling – contemporary Switzerland, land of four languages, is all about epic journeys and sublime experiences.
Lake Geneva's southern shore has been home for a decade and it still tickles us pink that journeys by train or plane begin with a soul-stirring 20-minute boat ride across the water, sometimes aboard a nippy little 'commuter' boat at dawn, sometimes on one of the magnificent belle époque steamers that I often see twinkling after dark from my kitchen window. Lakes, mountains, urban chic: Switzerland delivers every weekend with yet another uplifting activity and, being someone who'd rather be outside than in, it suits us down to the ground.
- 2 nights accommodation in Interlaken
- 2 nights accommodation in Lucerne
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 2nd Class - 4 days Swiss Pass consecutive (which includes entry to Transport Museum, Mt. Rigi, Rhine Falls, and around 450 museums)
- Entrance ticket to Mt Jungfrau
- Entrance ticket to Mt. Titlis
Here is some more inspiration for you to get the feel!
I've started packing my bags already!
Credits: Lonely Planet, Switzerland Tourism